Sunday, May 01, 2005

Danny Chaucer (2)


Poem to Jenny

I sit by the window
As the sky grows dark
Watching the road
From your house to the park

As you walk past the window
You see me and grin
I glance up - our eyes meet -
I wave - Come on in!

I open the front door
My face has gone red
I bring us two drinks
(There is much left unsaid)

There’s a film at the Showcase
We both want to see
I suggest that we go there
You quickly agree

I sit by the window
The street lights come on
If you had passed - I wonder
What would I have done?

Girl Talk
(Poem unfortunately found by Jenny
in my notebook and read by all her friends)


Girl talk
All about shopping
Hair
Eyeliner
Who’s dating Namalee
What did Alyx say to Lee
Girl Talk
Make up
Shopping
Hair
Eyeliner
Who fancies Kerrie
What did Martin say to Emily
Girl talk
Make up
Shopping
Hair
Eyeliner
Boring as watching
A brick on a chair
Hair
Eyeliner
Chit chat
Soap dish
I sometimes wish
I was somewhere
Else

Boy Talk
(Written in my notebook
by Jenny Keane)

Boy talk
All about football
Who scored the goal
Cars
And bugger all
(Excuse my French)

I could say more
But please don’t tempt me
It’s basically
Their brains are empty !