Saturday, December 20, 2008

All We Do at Christmas

All we do at Christmas
Is sit and watch TV
Mum and Dad and Sis and Gran
And Grandpapa and me

My best mate Bill, and all his lot
Play Christmas games and cards
Have quizzes and win prizes
Dress up and play charades

And Jenny’s family go to church
They’re Christians and they Believe
She stays up late and goes to church
At midnight, Christmas Eve

And Ali, who’s a Muslim
And Rachel, who’s a Jew
Still think about what Christmas means
But take a wider view

But we don’t do much thinking
We just sit and watch TV
There’s Mum and Dad and Sis and Gran
And Grandpapa and me

2 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

Yes, we watch far too much TV at Xmas. Hopefully we will find time to play a few silly games and eat lots of nice food. Maybe even go out for a walk to feed the ducks!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

We are more into the games and perhaps a long walk but not if I drink any wine as I will only fall over!

Happy Christmas.