Friday, August 12, 2005

We’re All Going On A Summer Holiday.


Yes the words of that great Cliff Richard classic ring in my ears as we prepare for our Summer Holiday. We’re off tomorrow – heading for central France for a couple of weeks to stay with Jill’s folks and then further South for a week in Provence. Whilst there I will be mainly eating drinking, playing Scrabble and writing. I’ve some work to do on a children’s novel, a few other ideas to polish up and I might get started on a sit com. And of course some poems.

Meanwhile my first blog anniversary passed and I missed it. I’d hoped to do a bit of blogging this week but for some reason I never found the time. I looked everywhere for the time but it obviously didn’t want to be found. Sometimes time just likes to hide, have a bit of fun. Sometimes it meets up with Tide and they wait for a man. But, to be honest, that’s quite a rare occurrence.

A year on the blog, eh? Who’d have thought it. Maybe I have to make a new blog year’s resolution. To be a better blogger? To blog more often? To give more and visit other people’s blogs more regularly. Any of you out there with a year or more blog experience? What would your blog resolution be I wonder?

Well, just time to visit a few blog regulars, see what they been up to in the last week. Then off to bed. We leave around midday. We’ve three lots of people coming to look after the house, look after Judy the aged Border Collie and to water the tomatoes and courgettes. Back in three weeks time – the beginning of September.

Au Revoir

10 comments:

sylviasometimes said...

Time...don't even mention it! There is never enough no matter how you trim this and snip that. A sitcom did you say? And what is that about?! Lots of house-sitters but you worked it out...wish it were this motley crue...nevertheless...soak in the sunshine...enjoy the wine...and if a poem should just write itself, you've all of us to welcome it. xxx to you and Jill.

Anonymous Poet said...

Weren't you just on vacation in France? Does this mean we won't have any more poems for a while? Have fun in France and Happy Anniversary!!!

{illyria} said...

happy blog anniversary, roger! enjoy france.

Wastedpapiers said...

Dont these spammers just make you sick? What idiots they are. Do they really think we are interested in their stupid ceiling fans and corvette parts? What numbskulls! what poltroons! what time-wasters! why don't they get a life for blogs sake!
Have a good trip. write lots of poems and sit coms, relax, eat drink and be hairy.

Anonymous said...

I feel a little out of place, having arrived here to comment on your last blog entry, rather than advertise healthcare or ceiling fan bulbs.

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY! One year old, eh?

Have a fantastic time in France. Have a wine for me and come home with plenty of new stuff. I'm intrigued about this sitcom...tarra for a bit.

amiethinggoes said...

HABERDAY on your blog! i've yet to reach one year into my blogging.

and enjoy your summer holiday! updates even while you're gone? or perhaps notit might spoil your fun,perhaps when you come back.

Renee Wagemans said...

hey this spam thing is too common these days. and if you delete the comments for good, they don't appear.

but they do help the business. i was baffled then someone explained it to me:

this spam is sent to bloggers in order for these websites to have higher ranking, in fact they don't care at all if the blog owner visits them or not they just need the link.

meaning:

google and other search engine determine the order of hits they'll show you when you search for keywords based on how many pages link to this hit, so for instance a website about munch that is popular or relevant is likely to be heavily linked from other places and so gets high ranking.

now these spammers are trying to get high ranking so you'll find their websites on the top when you search for popular consumer words , each link in a comment adds a little bit to their rank.

the sending process is automated, its a computer program that harvests the web and posts comments and trackbacks on any blog software it recognizes, most probably blogspot is doing some filtering and thats why you only see a few spam comments, on my website I do the filtering myself and I get no less than 100 spam comments per day most of them linking to internet gambling sites or to cheap grey market drugs.

Renee Wagemans said...

sorry that last line was not about me (cutting and pasting) I am not that popular

Sue hardy-Dawson said...

I just got back from France, happy blogday and have a wonderful time. I'm off to Whitby not quite so exciting but the sea is the sea

Roger Stevens said...

Thanks for all the comments. And thanks Poems and Writings.That makes that clear.

I'm still in France actually. Looking at this on my brother-in-law's computer. I thought I'd check in. I'll be answering everyone's comments and visiting when I get back early next week.